& Burghul Tabouleh Salad
Spicy Chicken & Burghul Tabouleh Salad
Serves: 4 Prep: 1hr Cook: 30 minutes
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp Randy Sanchez Sauce Co’s ROCKmelon YOUR SOCKS OFF (add 4 or more tbsp if you like things HOT!)
- 2/3 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cruched garlic
- Pinch salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups burghul/bulgur (can substitute quinoa or freekeh)
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped (See Note 1)
- 1/2 bunch mint, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tsp each turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Additional yoghurt
- Lemon wedges
- Sumac or harissa seasoning (optional)
- Add chicken and marinade together and refrigerate for 1 hour. You can marinate for up to 24 hrs.
- Bring a pot of heavily salted water to boil, add burghul, then simmer until just cooked (around 10-15 minutes).
- Drain and run under cold water to cool down. (This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated).
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat bbq grill plate or heavy based pan on medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken (in batches if needed, so the pan isn’t crowded) until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve atop salad with a spoonful of yoghurt, a lemon wedge, and a sprinkle of sumac/harissa (if using).
Note 1: Obviously omit the coriander if you think it tastes like soap (https://this.deakin.edu.au/self-improvement/hate-coriander-heres-the-scientific-reason-why)
Note 2: If you don’t like it too spicy, use less hot sauce, or leave it out altogether. 😊