- Add chicken and marinade together and refrigerate for 1 hour. You can marinate for up to 24 hrs.
- Bring a pot of heavily salted water to boil, add burghul, then simmer until just cooked (around 10-15 minutes).
- Drain and run under cold water to cool down. (This can be done ahead of time and refrigerated).
- Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat bbq grill plate or heavy based pan on medium-high heat.
- Grill chicken (in batches if needed, so the pan isn’t crowded) until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve atop salad with a spoonful of yoghurt, a lemon wedge, and a sprinkle of sumac/harissa (if using).
Note 1: Obviously omit the coriander if you think it tastes like soap (https://this.deakin.edu.au/self-improvement/hate-coriander-heres-the-scientific-reason-why)
Note 2: If you don’t like it too spicy, use less hot sauce, or leave it out altogether. 😊